Rome In Review
Now that I have returned from my study abroad, I have been getting a lot of questions about the experience. Sometimes, the questions can be very repetitive. I figured the best way for me to share all of the basic and best information is in a blog post. Keep reading for some of my highlights!
Which Program Did You Choose?
CEA Rome: Theology and Religious Studies
What Classes Did You Take?
- Italian (occasional class trips)
- History and Theology of the Papacy (always in-class)
- New Testament in the Eternal City (mostly on-site visits)
- Stoic Philosophy (mostly on-site visits)
- Angels, Demons, and Artists in Rome:Art through the Ages (mostly on-site visits)
Were They All In Italian?
No, only my Italian class!
Where Did You Go?
(In Chronological Date)
- Rome, Lazio, Italy
- Naples, Campania, Italy
- Split, Croatia
- Palermo, Sicily, Italy
- Capalbio, Tuscany, Italy
- Copenhagen, Denmark
- Venice, Veneto, Italy
- Barcelona, Spain
- Bologna, Emilia-Romagna, Italy
- Assisi, Umbria, Italy
- Florence, Tuscany, Italy
- London, England
- Paris, France
- Boston, Massachusetts, USA (home!)
Did You See The Pope?
YES! I lived about a 5 minute walk away from the Vatican, so I was constantly there. I went to about 11 Papal Audiences and a handful of the Sunday Angelus Blessings. (I lost count of them all but I tried to go every week I was in Rome!)
What Was Your Favorite Gelato Shop?
Gelateria del Teatro, Via dei Coronari, 65
What Was Your Favorite Gelato Flavor?
I couldn’t choose just one!
- Pumpkin, Chocolate, and Amaretto (yes, that is one flavor! It tasted like a pumpkin pie!)
- Chocolate &Red Wine
How Many Texts Did You Send?
Too many to count!
It is SO important to keep in contact with your friends and family back home. I suggest you get a local SIM card for the best rates (compared to getting an international plan with your US phone company). It really isn’t that hard!
Olivia Ferri is the Fall 2017 CEA MOJO Photographer in Rome, Italy. She is currently a Junior studying Business Management and Theology at Providence College.